- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to book of accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions Standard journal entries.
- Analyze daily banking transactions and journal entries.
- Reconcile sub-ledger accounts (such as inventory).
- Prepare monthly sales reports into excel spread sheet for analysis.
- Verify and reconcile contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Monitor compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Provide advice and assistance and early warning of such problems as cost over-runs, excessive charges, and potential penalties.
- Develop models to depict financial and related activities tailored for specific operations.
Experience & Skills Required
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Experience with month end close, balance sheets, general ledger, bank reconciliations and analysis
- Advanced MS Excel skills