New York, NY
- Job Level:
$150,000 - $160,000 plus Bonus
Our client is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join their team. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the design, creation, and maintenance of the firm’s data networks and servers, including infrastructure, storage, and security software in all locations, including specific server based applications.
- Works with other engineers to ensure appropriate backups and remote replications are set up and operating properly to protect the firm's data and servers.
- Designs and implements performance monitoring on networks, servers, and designated applications, and help resolve issues.
- Designs, implements and support communication applications including mail, network scanning, web servers and access to remote connectivity solutions.
- Researches and applies software updates, service packs and patches to network components, servers and communication applications.
- Participates and assumes some leadership roles in the strategic planning for the implementation of new technology and applications
- Completes appropriate administrative forms as required per department policy, including equipment request, training requests, change requests, and project forms, in support of their primary functions.
- Provides technical support to other IT department groups and end users. Also provides technical leadership and guidance to other system engineers.
- Where managed services agreements exist, leverages those services to improve the service levels provided by the group.
- Interfaces with service providers', hardware providers', and software vendors' technical support services.
- Communicates information to other members of the Technical Operations team and when appropriate to the others in the IT department regarding significant system developments, including upgrades, emerging issues, best practices and support tips.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- 5 years of experience in systems or security engineering with track record of success. Previous law firm or professional services experience desired.
- Exposure to with legal industry applications including Interaction, AccuRoute and Worksite.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft software including Windows, Exchange, IIS and SQL.
- Expert knowledge of VMware software including ESX, Site Replication Manager, vReplicator and vShield.
- Working knowledge of storage technology including VNX, Data Domain, RecoverPoint, iSCSI networking and fibre channel switches.
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking systems such as Nexus and Catalyst switches, EIGRP routing and Meraki wireless technology.
- Working knowledge of network security such as Palo Alto firewalls and related technology including packet sniffers, password managers and server security products.
- Experience with cloud platforms, including smart host mail providers.
- Experience with data center tasks, including rack and stack, cabinet design and basic understanding of power, space, and cooling usage.
- Experience with configuration management systems and concepts.