Our client, a rapidly growing aerospace and electronics company, is currently seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will be responsible for preparing items for shipment, as well as assembling, addressing, stamping and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify the accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, pictures, damages, and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, conveyor, or sorting bins.
- Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
- Dress appropriately for office work environment while maintaining strict attention to warehouse safety.
Experience & Skills Required
- Fork Lift Certified
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Moderate Computer Knowledge, including Microsoft Office
- 1-2 years of Shipping & Receiving experience preferred.
- Strong Organizational and reasoning skills