South Plainfield, NJ
- Job Level:
Our client, a Global Medical Device Company; is seeking an Operator for their 3rd shift operations.
Our client processes Customer product utilizing one or more processing modalities, (gamma, EtO, or E-Beam).
- Process equipment in accordance with operating regulations and procedures; assuring proper care of Customer product.
- Place and retrieve sterile, test or biological sampling devices to monitor appropriate processing levels.
- Review product and process documents and instructions, i.e., Customer provided special instructions or work instructions, and ensure accurate processing. May assist in the direction, training and support of Material Handler activities.
- Protect Customer product by assuring proper processing and handling according to operating procedures; monitor process cycles and control systems to ensure operation within Customer, quality, regulatory and internal company specifications; reviews and completes all appropriate processing documentation.
- Operate processing vessels or irradiators.
- Minimize downtime by monitoring processing operation and associated equipment as scheduled; conduct minor equipment repairs and refer major repairs to shift supervision or Maintenance personnel.
- Make scheduling adjustments as required.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by monitoring environmental control systems and inspecting equipment for unsafe conditions and reporting to supervision as required. Generate maintenance work orders for repairs.
- Respond to process and equipment alarm conditions and acting within operational and safety guidelines.
- Conduct area housekeeping on a daily basis.
- Maintain the flow of product by loading/unloading product into processing rooms and/or vessels.
- May repackage product onto pallets.
- Stage processed product in shipping storage area.
Experience & Skills Required
- Must successfully pass company Operator training program.
- Must be certified to operate manual and motorized material handling equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, pallet jacks, elevators, conveyors, etc. and processing vessels or irradiators.
- Previous medical device experience is required.