Tax Accountant Staff
New Canaan, CT
- Job Level:
$68,000.00 - $75,000.00
We are currently seeking a Tax Associate for a Direct Hire position in New Canaan, CT.
Our client is a progressive accounting firm that values personalization and a team approach when solving the needs of their customers. They have a culture that drives professional development and career advancement while maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Great opportunity for growth coupled with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
- Prepare corporate, partnership, and individual tax returns and planning under limited supervision of Manager
- Prepare and/or review quarterly and annual information/non-tax returns
- Conduct appropriate and applicable research regarding tax issues to ensure accuracy and implementation of specific tax law
- Review tax returns and ensure accuracy and completeness
- File tax forms electronically for quick processing
- If errors found in filing, correct errors until accepted
- Remain familiar with IRS guidelines and accounting principles
- Assist with various tax audits as necessary
- Interact with IRS and state tax agencies to address inquiries
- Manage daily client workflow and multiple client projects at any given time
- Complete assignments within timeline and budget
- Manage simple individual clients
- Participate in planning and scheduling client engagements
- Keep ‘client team’ apprised of any client contact to avoid duplicate requests
- Seek opportunities to be chargeable
- Seek opportunities to assist with additional projects to increase technical ability
- Prepare routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a partner
- Work with staff on various tasks on an ad-hoc basis
- Assist Associate I with developing understanding of clients
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Master’s degree in accounting or taxation or related field
Experience & Skills Required
- 2-3 year’s accounting and tax experience required
- Experience with a variety of income tax filings; e.g., S-Corp, partnership, trust, individual
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of and sensitivity to confidential information
- Ability to work heavy overtime from January to April 15 (may be in excess of 55 hours per week). Occasional overtime work required throughout the year.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a complex workload to meet reporting deadlines.
- CPA certified or in process of pursuing is a plus.
- ProSystems FX a plus, QuickBooks and other accounting programs also a plus