New York, NY
- Job Level:
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to fulfill an opening we have in the non-profit industry. This position is a Direct Hire role and will be located in New York, New York.
Our client, a non-profit organization that provides short-term cash loans to individuals, is a long-standing figure in its industry, having originated in the late 19th century.
- Manage company president’s calendar, set up and coordinate meetings.
- Organize and maintain executive and confidential files and records.
- Take and transcribe board meeting minutes, assemble, prepare and distribute meeting agendas, minutes and supplemental materials.
- Track and account for executive credit card expenditures.
- Plan and conduct events and meetings. Arrange catering for special events.
- Source community and networking events.
- Make arrangements for the president and other employees to attend.
- Prepare board and company newsletters.
- Administer employee birthday and service recognition program.
- Perform reception duties: answer and route telephone calls, greet visitors.
- Receive, distribute and send external and interoffice mail.
- Maintain conference room calendar.
- Maintain inventory of lunchroom supplies for the executive office and branches.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Create and edit Word Documents, Excel spreadsheets, and basic PowerPoint presentations.
- Complete other assignments and office projects as requested by the president.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to express self clearly and understand intentions and needs of others
- Ability to complete tasks on time and without errors
- Ability to stay focused on priorities amid interruptions
- Strong oral and written English proficiency.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Interacts with external and internal customers in a professional, approachable manner.
- Not-for-Profit experience is a plus.