Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
$22.00 - $25.00/hr.
Our client, a successful privately owned manufacturer of components and assemblies, is currently in need of Quality Inspector.
Our client, a welding and engraving company, focuses on excellence in each project they are assigned to. As a member of their team, you will be assisting in the production of high-quality parts while also gaining strong experience for any future assignment.
- Reads blueprints and specifications
- Approves in-process and finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to production supervisors, returning products for re-work and confirming re-work
- May function as a point of contact to confer about issues as appropriate.
- Utilizes measuring instruments such as video measurement systems, comparators, height gauges, microscopes, CMM’s, and handheld gauges and tools.
- Discusses inspection results with those responsible for products.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing rework and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
Educational background in light industrial trades and/or in a post-secondary vocational program a plus.
Experience & Skills Required
- 1-3 years of experience as a Quality Inspector in a machining or high tech manufacturing environment preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing a wide range of measuring instruments; experience with CMM’s, video measurement systems, comparators, height gages, microscopes strongly preferred.
- GD&T knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated research and documentation skills.
- Strong math skills
- Analytical ability
- Detail orientation
- Background in promoting process improvement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interface with customers to trouble-shoot issues and offer exceptional service
- Background in safety promotion and management