Quality Control Inspector
- Job Level:
Our client is currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector to join their team! Under limited supervision, the QC Inspector must possess the mechanical ability and experience to perform inspections of simple electrical, complex mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components, sub- assemblies, or finished products using standard physical means, and/or mechanical or electrical testing equipment.
Our client, a designer and manufacturer of components in the space, aircraft, nuclear, scientific and industrial fields, offers a unique environment where all employees have a voice. Their investment in their employees is seen through the longevity, success, and high retention rate of the company. If you're looking for growth and professional development, this is a great opportunity to align yourself with a leading organization.
- Performs complicated layout inspection for first piece, in process, and final inspection.
- Makes decisions regarding inspection problems and skillfully uses all inspection gauges and instruments, including their set up, analysis and adjustment.
- Read and Comprehend complicated blueprints, sketches, written and/or verbal specifications.
- Proficient in the use of mechanical inspection equipment; including micrometers, gages, go/no gages, optical comparator, CMM and other inspection measuring tools.
- Accurately document the results of the inspections and other data Understanding of basic electronics, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Works closely with Engineering to resolve issues
- May lead and assist other inspectors and make set ups for their use.
- Maintain all controlled document files and data records
- Maintains a clean well-organized work area Can easily accept direction and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Inspectors may also be assigned additional tasks or projects as required by management
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, advanced technical education preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Inspection experience and working knowledge of measurement instruments required
- Aerospace and or Nuclear industry experience beneficial
- Mechanical aptitude desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good arithmetic skills are required Must pass required eye exam
- Basic and advanced inspection tooling
- Computer Hardware and Software.