East Hanover, NJ
Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
We are currently seeking a Field Service Technician for a Direct Hire opportunity in East Hanover, NJ. The Field Service Technician (FST) is the front-line representative and the backbone of an extensive support network of personnel and assets, worldwide. This trusted advisor is the key customer representative, responsible for confirming, clarifying and meeting the customer’s expectations at every stage of contact and on every service project.
Our client is a leading supplier of equipment and services to packaging and label manufacturers. They hold the firm belief that their employees are the cornerstone of their past and future successes, valuing each innovative idea and input. By investing in their staff, they have separated themselves from the competition and become a highly desired place to work.
- Provides timely and efficient machine repair, installation, upgrade, and training services for customers as our front-line representative. Additionally, in order to strengthen our competitive position in the customer’s plant, the Field Service Technician is expected to provide valuable business updates to support new selling opportunities
- The Field Service Technician possesses a strong background in the principals of basic mechanical and/or electrical systems. He/she thinks logically and enjoys solving problems with creativity, diligence, and achievement.
- Just as important, the Field Service Technician is attentive to the after-service paperwork necessary to update technical specialists as well as establish proper billing, credits, and reimbursements for travel-related expenses.
Undergraduate degree or technical school graduate is preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 5 years of related technical experience, in a similar role, within the printing and converting equipment industry.
- Must have experience in corrugated packaging, corrugated equipment maintenance, and box making.
- This product line is not regional, so candidates can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Candidates are required to have acceptable levels of mechanical and/or electrical operating machine experience
- Computer literacy is highly valued.