New York, NY
Commercial Property Management
- Job Level:
$100,000.00 - $110,000.00
We are currently needing a Construction Accountant to join a strong, detail oriented team for a well-compensated position in the Commericial Property Management Industry.
A privately owned real estate investment, our client is a powerhouse in their industry. With New York City as their playground, they have grown into a successful business over the years. As a part of this company, you will be a member of an outstanding business that has one goal in mind: success.
- Participating in draws.
- Maintain an accurate general ledger.
- Monthly preparation of the Work in Process report.
- Preparation of accurate financial reports and supporting schedules including AR aging, AP aging, Prepaid Insurance, Accrued Expenses etc.
- Accurate daily transactions and journal entries.
- Perform general accounting functions.
- Review of account entries.
- Prepare a consolidated trial balance to include Joint Ventures.
- Monthly entries, accruals, and reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- Preparation of monthly reports for the parent company.
- Assist during mid-year and annual audit.
- Assist in the budget process and periodic forecast updates.
- Perform other duties as assigned and required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Accounting.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in a heavy construction accounting environment.
- Experience with Yardi or related accounting/AP Software.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Very detail oriented.