Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
$13.00 - $13.25/hr.
Our client is currently seeking a Secondary Machine Operator to join their team! Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, the Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various secondary operations to high precision machined parts including metal working, assembly and cleaning while working in a clean and safe environment. The shift will be the following: 1st Hours: 6 am to 3:30 pm Monday-Friday and 6 am to Noon on Saturday (if needed). OT is not guaranteed.
Our client is a leading manufacturer and assembler of precision parts for the medical, telecommunication, and aerospace industries. They offer a great working environment for their employees, including excellent benefits, a strong sense of community, and professional growth opportunities.
- Follows production schedules as provided by management.
- Operates and maintains operations on one or more 2nd operation machines. Type of 2nd operation machines include but are not limited to: deburring & polishing wheels and hand-screws.
- Performs operations such as, but not limited to: Hand or machine deburr and /or chamfering operations; Drilling operations; Cleaning operations; Assembly operations.
- Performs above tasks using sketches, or engineering drawings, and verbal or written instructions.
- Performs 100% visual checks for dings, collet impressions, nicks, etc.
- Assures achievement of production output(s), quality of product, and schedule requirements.
- Accurately completes all required paperwork and data entry associated with production output. Responsible for timely reporting of production output(s).
- Communicates with Manufacturing and Production Control in relation to secondary operations.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of workstation and surrounding area. Reports maintenance issues to management. Follows all safety requirements; demonstrate working knowledge and safe operation of equipment and machines.
Experience & Skills Required
- Trade school and/or 3 years on the job experience in related field.
- Competent in the use of all required measuring equipment, including but not limited to micrometers & calipers.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Team player working within common goals of the company and the team.