Our client, a leader in the healthcare space, is currently seeking an Application Analyst to join their team. The Application Analyst will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting clinical, ambulatory, ancillary, financial, and/or administrative systems to efficiently and effectively assist with the goals of fulfilling business objectives. Provision of 24/7 on call support required.
- Responsible for managing multiple concurrent projects of varying size and complexity ensuring successful completion of project expectations within the required timeline.
- Analyze, design/build and modify clinical, ambulatory, financial, and/or administrative systems which may include an integrated focus on multi-functional disciplinary systems.
- Participate in design specifications, building, validating, and QA testing procedures prior to implementation of software applications. Provide system support, which includes testing, trouble shooting, issue resolution, software maintenance, and feature enhancements.
- Work with users to determine data requirements and develop design output formats, and validate results for reports and extracts for internal/external use.
- Provides support to users during scheduled/unscheduled downtime periods as well as after hours on call support. Guide and support department team members.
- Update system, operational, and department documentation as appropriate, including process design and modifications, upgrades, decisions made, direction, actions, and resolutions.
- Act as coach to clients when providing support and participate in training sessions Provide input into policy and procedure redesign. Assist users with the management of clinical, ambulatory, ancillary, financial, and administrative data.
- Recommend areas for process improvement or workflow optimization. Provide communication to project teams, clients, and departments regarding planning, system updates, issue status, and escalations.
Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR certification in applicable area of Information Technology or Healthcare.
Experience & Skills Required
- Three to five years professional experience in the areas of healthcare information technology, application implementation and support, or project management.
- Possesses knowledge of the functions and applications of information systems.
- Certification in Microsoft, project management or equivalent highly preferred.