IT Solutions Architect
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$170,000.00 - 180,000.00
Our client is a not-for-profit, grantmaking organization that seeks to strengthen, promote, and, where necessary, defend the contributions of the humanities and the arts to human flourishing and to the well-being of diverse and democratic societies. They are currently seeking an IT Solutions Architect capable of assuming a wide range of responsibilities in the Information Technology department. The IT Solutions Architect reports to the director of Information Technology. The IT Solutions Architect will understand the client's strategic goals and business operations and partners with leadership to focus on improving business process management, IT security, data management, quality assurance and best-in-class service delivery. A wide degree of creativity, leadership, and latitude is expected.
- Work with business owners, application developers, architects, operations and third party service providers as the primary relationship manager to implement solutions that effectively reflect business needs and service level requirements. Responsible for and oversee the performance and work effort of these resources.
- Develop, document and monitor IT reference architecture, services catalog and IT security architecture, including necessary supporting policies and procedures.
- Work to determine, manage, prioritize and mitigate IT and business risk through solutions development, project execution and IT operational oversight.
- Evaluate new technologies and evolving industry best practices and provide recommendations to management, including planning and execution of POC activities, looking for ways to leverage these activities for improving user experience, quality outcomes, efficiency and/or increased productivity.
- Manage internal and external IT resources including consultants in highly matrixed and dynamic team structures.
A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), in computer science, business, liberal arts or other related fields
Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum of 5 years in an IT leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience planning and developing end-to-end IT solutions covering middleware, application server, public/private cloud, database, security and reporting technologies.
- Working experience in web-services leveraging Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) design practices and other industry standards.
- Experience delivering organization-wide projects as the project manager including working experience with System Development Life Cycle models including Waterfall, and Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Experience in Cloud Service Delivery and supporting technologies.