- Job Level:
$29.00 - $35.00/hr.
We are currently seeking NYS licensed Medical Lab Technologists for full-time permanent employment with a leading diagnostic laboratory in Nassau County, NY. These positions will be evening shift 10:00pm – 6:00 am Monday to Friday.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests on biological specimens (blood, urine, and other body fluids) using manual and auto-analyzer methods following established SOP’s/
- Perform quality assurance and quality control testing, performance evaluations, instrument function checks and calibrations as assigned.
- Maintains appropriate documentation for all tests. Enter and release required information in the Laboratory Information System, such as test results, comments, and quality control results.
- Will consult with laboratory supervisory staff prior to reporting grossly abnormal results and when out of control test run is encountered.
- Prepare reagents as needed, maintain quality control records, compile any required statistical data and maintain the cleanliness of work areas.
- Knowledge of chemistry and hematology highly desirable. Experience with manual differentials and body fluid cell counts desired ideal candidates will have completed rotations in Blood Bank, Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, and Coagulation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager
B.S. in Medical Technology, or Science related field required.
Experience & Skills Required
- New York State Medical Technologist License
- Microsoft Office Proficient (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) Computer literate, Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates with a limited license will be considered.
- 15% shift differential
- Medical, Dental, Life and Long-Term Disability, 401k Plan, including a company matching
- Paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and personal time.
- Tuition Reimbursement