Cosmetics / Skin Care
- Job Level:
Chemist needed for a direct hire position in Edison, NJ. This role consists of preparing the batches of formulas needed for submitting samples to marketing/customers and reformulating them based on feedback. He/She who applies needs to has a Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry, Biology, or any related degree.
Our company is a state of the art facility that specializes in the cosmetics industry. With top of the line quality, their products are surpassed by none.
- Prepare the batches of formulas needed for submitting samples to marketing/customers and reformulating them based on feedback.
- Understanding ingredient functionality as it pertains to the designated formula.
- Comprehend financial impact of product cost and how to develop cost-effective high-quality formulas in order to meet customer’s objectives along with pricing goals.
- Oversee the transfer of lab size formula/pilot batch to larger scale and assist as needed in the process of production batches.
- Provide troubleshooting activity in compounding/manufacturing for adjusting the batches to meet product specifications.
- Develop new formulations and products utilizing in-depth knowledge of protocols and restrictions per customer and per area they are providing the product at hand whether domestic or international.
- Document test results, specifications, procedures, etc… on proper forms and save in designated company share folders.
- Communicates, in a timely fashion, all information regarding formulation, project status, costing, results, etc…to all appropriate individuals, keeping in mind the confidentiality requirements.
- Strengthens the R&D department by contributing innovative ideas, expertise, knowledge, high professional standards, team spirit, and pride in the company.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry, Biology, or related with 2 years hands-on experience in cosmetic/personal care R&D.
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent research and laboratory skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing/compounding and troubleshooting Good critical thinking and time management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, speak and write English Good computer skills, prefer advanced experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Considerable interpersonal skills are required to interact with others such as staff, vendors/chemical suppliers, customers, etc.