New Haven, CT
- Job Level:
$17.00 - $22.00/hr.
Technician needed for a temporary position in New Haven, CT in the Chemicals Industry. This role would include conducting assigned technical tasks in support of external and internal customer requests. He/She who applies must have a BA/BS in Chemistry or another scientific discipline with hands-on lab experience.
From humble beginnings, our client has grown into a main leader in technological advances. Our client has many companies with different backgrounds relying on them to improve their company's mission, which only pushes our client forward.
- Conducts assigned technical tasks in support of external and internal customer requests including sample preparation, analysis and reporting to meet the schedule time constraints and with minimal supervision, using established scientific methods and troubleshooting skills to resolve undocumented technical challenges or analytical results.
- Follow moderately complex wet testing methods as assigned, prepare reagents, standards, calibrate instruments and record all data appropriately.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients. May develop, report and presentation test results to internal customers as needed.
- Collaborate with laboratory staff to ensure department targets are met, assist with additional testing as requested and provide support as needed to internal and external customers.
- BA/BS degree in Chemistry or another scientific discipline with hands-on laboratory experience with wet methods or AS degree with a minimum of 1 year of laboratory experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Excellent PC skills which may include database entry/management (e.g. Windows OS, Access, MS Office Suite).
- Knowledge of wet analytical methods including titrimetric analyses
- Safe chemical handling, ability to safely employ chemical handling techniques, follow established protocol and waste management procedures.