- Job Level:
Logistics Coordinator needed for a temporary assignment, with the option to hire. As the Logistics Coordinator, you will be responsible for accurately coordinating the safe, efficient, and cost-effective transportation of goods on behalf of assigned customer accounts or routes for import and export, utilizing different modes of transportation and in compliance with all domestic and international laws and regulations, generating all required documentation and reports. As well as tracking the shipments, thus ensuring timetables as per the customers' requirements.
- Provide Customer Service Support.
- Coordinating pickups and/ or deliveries.
- Collect all applicable documentation for the import or export, including commercial invoices and packing lists.
- Booking required mode of transportation.
- Prepare documentation, air way bills, bill of lading, IMO/DGD.
- Provide pre-alerts or arrival notices to destination agent and/ or customer.
- Enter costs and generate invoices.
- Prepare and provide reports to Management or Customers as required, example: On Hand Reports, Traffic Report, and Loading Reports.
- Maintain communication and control in all phases of the shipment.
- Support and backup of additional accounts.
- Maintain and file all shipment records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Consistent attendance.
- Fluent in English and Spanish, additional languages a plus.
- Computer skilled. Knowledgeable in Excel Spreadsheets, Word documents, PDF files.
- Use of Magaya and/or Cargowise preferred, but not required.