- Job Level:
$22.00 - $25.00/hr
We are currently in need of a part-time LPN to work in Stamford, CT. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will be responsible for coordinating patient care while following all established standards of practice within the State and Federal guidelines?
- Checks schedules and organizes patient flow.
- Greet patients, documents patients concerns and questions.
- Accompanies patient to exam/procedure room and prepares patients for physical exam.
- Initial patient interview; reviewing patient medical profile, H&P and document in Ecw /manual charting as appropriate.
- Obtains and accurately documents patient vital signs, weight: reports any abnormalities to physician.
- Assists with specimen collection and testing as necessary. Documents pertinent information.
- Provides minor treatment as directed by physician, assists physicians with minor procedures.
- Documents all patient related activities by end of shift.
- Schedules patient testing and pre-certifies if insurances requires.
- Responds to all telephone messages (patient, physician offices etc…) by end of shift.
- End of month checks for expired supplies and medication.
- Stocks rooms/maintains inventory or exam/procedure rooms.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Cleans the exam/procedure room & equipment after each patient.
- Prepares exam /procedure room for next patient & physician needs.
- Notifies patients of test results (per physician instruction) and follow up.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience & Skills Required
- Maintains a minimum of 6 contacts hours, annually.
- Orthopedic experience a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a similar position.
- Valid license as Licensed Practical Nurse in CT.