- Job Level:
$55,000 - $90,000
Our client is a growing specialty chemical research and development company located in Fairfield County, CT. Due to organizational growth, we are seeking an experienced Synthetic Chemist to perform bench scale research developing, purifying and characterizing and scaling up novel compounds for commercial manufacture.
The Synthetic Chemist will be responsible for the following:
- Carry out assigned research to meet assigned objectives.
- Responsible for the operation of continuous processes, perform routine sampling, start-up and shutdown procedures as necessary.
- Process intermediate materials and manufacture final products.
- Purification and characterization of materials. Collect and analyze QC samples, perform GC analysis and confirm physical characteristics.
- Support compound labeling and registration.
- Establish new reaction processes, set up apparatus, and monitor to optimize process
- Prepare standard solutions and reagents for all procedures.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area and equipment. Keep excellent laboratory notes; prepare reports of laboratory results in notebook and computer format. Present laboratory data to peers, management and customers as necessary.
- Maintain equipment, production, safety, and training logbooks in written and/or computer format.
- Performs all required inventory maintenance procedures.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of equipment.
- Complies with all environmental, and safety policies and procedures
BS/MS Chemistry or related field from an accredited university
Experience & Skills Required
- 2+ years of applicable research or chemical production experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and techniques of organic synthesis
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment including gas chromatography (GC).
- Excellent mathematic abilities and ability to utilize metric and standard U.S. units of weights and measures interchangeably.
- Ability to evaluate materials visually and by odor. May be required to handle containers using physical and mechanical means (50 lb. quantities of raw materials, 55 gallon drums weighing up to 700 lbs., manually lift materials weighing 45 lbs.).
- Able to properly utilize PPE’s including respirator and SCBA apparatus as appropriate
- Skilled in Windows computer programs. Ability to record, perform data analysis, prepare reports and statistical analysis of data.