- Job Level:
Global Medical Device Company seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst. The role of the Senior Programmer Analyst is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications and reporting as well as maintaining and updating existing applications and reports in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing applications and reports. The Senior Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications.
- Defines, presents, develops, tests, analyzes and maintains new software applications, data feeds and reporting as well as maintaining and updating existing applications, procedures and reports in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing applications and reports.
- Strives toward process improvements via concrete measurements and metrics.
- Conducts thorough problem analysis in regard to technical system and application programs; documents findings and proposes problem resolution alternatives.
- Documents code changes and requirements.
- Participates in training to provide a source for continuing education.
- Assists in application development, system design, debugging, interface points between various systems and code review.
- Follows department’s stated Software Development Life Cycle.
- Leads small scale projects to their completion. Performs QA tasks when necessary.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
Experience & Skills Required
- 7 to 10 years of related experience.
- Technical proficiency in relevant languages and development tools required.
- Knowledge of RPG, RPG-ILE, CL, SQL, AS/400 environments, DDM, DB2 Database, Turnover is required.
- Ability to write program specification and coding from program specifications is required.
- Some positions may require knowledge of JDE ERP.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone, and in person and work effectively with all types of people at all levels of the organization, both within and outside the I.S. Department.
- Confidentiality sensitive.