- Job Level:
Production Planner needed for a temporary position in Shelton, CT in the Medical Devices industry. As the Production Planner, you will determine which items are manufactured and in what quantities based upon consumer demand forecasts. The primary mission is to minimize inventory, maximize product availability and optimize shop floor efficiency.
- Participate in forecast meetings with Business Units and related cross-functional participants to help establish master Sales Inventory and Operations Plans for specific finished good products.
- Input planning data into the MRP planning module to support dependent SIOP build plans.
- Analyze and manage independent demand materials to maintain sufficient supply according to provided company guidelines.
- Coordinate and release production build orders to support SIOP build plans.
- Revise schedules as needed to accomplish certain benchmarks in the manufacturing process.
- Interface with Purchasing team to insure required materials will be available when needed to release production build orders to manufacturing on schedule.
- Create, analyze and distribute various reports regarding requirements, progress, fulfillment and backlog issues.
- Work with Engineering, Purchasing, Production and Quality teams on New Product Introductions.
- Troubleshoot internal material issues such as quality, sub-contract operations, and transfer issues.
- Interface with and manage considerable data resources to support all facets of Production Planning operations.
Experience & Skills Required
- 5-10 years minimum in industrial supply chain environment
- Understands the manufacturing process thoroughly, and has reasonable expectations as to what can be accomplished in a certain timeframe
- Self-starter with strong work ethic who can work independently as well as within a team.
- SAP knowledge and experience preferred.
- Has good problem solving skills, and can easily revise a plan when needed.
- Proficiency in Excel and other standard MS business applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - able to interface at all levels in the organization.
- Project management and organizational skills.