Saddle Brook, NJ
- Job Level:
Payroll Administrator needed for a temporary assignment in Saddle Brooks, NJ in the laboratory industry. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that employees are properly paid and taxed correctly within the appropriate time parameters. Performing all duties including balancing and controlling earnings and deduction totals, calculating hours, determining and correcting out-of-balance conditions, gathering payroll data, calculating pay, and verifying automated system output such as registers and standard reports for accuracy.
- Manage the timely and accurate multi-state, bi-weekly payroll process for employees.
- Review System input of all employee payroll related changes, including the timekeeping system.
- Research and correct issues found during processing.
- Process all forms and terminations, as defined by check in hand state compliance Responsible for ensuring payroll processing is compliant with all payroll regulatory changes.
- Perform Gross to Net Calculation of manual checks and voids.
- Work closely with HR to resolve employee-related pay issues.
- Provide support to business partners and employees regarding all payroll related inquiries
- Review and Validate data flow reporting for accuracy from HR system into payroll system.
- Pre-edit payroll preview reports to validate proper taxation of pre-tax benefit calculations
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate final reports for approval Assist with W2 and T4, QE/YE wages and tax balances
- High School Diploma/ GED required
- College Degree preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3 years full charge administration experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Experience working with ADP payroll system and ADP Reporting.
- Experience working with Time and Attendance systems (ADP Vantage Time a plus!).
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel are a must.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Wage and Hour DOL Regulations and Multistate Tax withholding.
- Strong knowledge of Federal, Local, and Multistate withholding compliance.
- Maintain high level of professionalism to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- FPC or CPP desired.
- V look up a plus.