New York, NY
- Job Level:
$190,000.00 - $210,000.00 plus Bonus
Our client is currently seeking a Compliance Director who will be responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the AML and OFAC process including transaction monitoring, systems, investigations SAR filings and updating policies and procedures as they relate to AML/OFAC.
- The AML/OFAC Compliance Officer role is responsible for ensuring the management administration and coordinating the compliance function.
- Interact with regulators and auditors in areas of responsibility.
- Conduct investigations, inquiries of Head Office and write SAR’s as necessary
- Serve as a member of the Branch Compliance Committee
- Provide and maintain a compliant working environment by adhering to all laws, regulations and ethical standards and to lead by example
- Keep up with changing regulations in AML and OFAC necessary in the completion of tasks
- The position has broad latitude in the writing and implementation of any new or changes to AML/OFAC regulations.
- Incumbent must keep up with current events as they relate to Laws and Regulations. This can be achieved through outside training as well as direct updates from regulatory agencies.
- Informs Chief Compliance Officer of any potential regulatory compliance shortfalls within the program.
- Opines on any new regulatory pronouncements or changes and impact they may have on the Branch or Bank.
- Files timely SAR reports
- Assist with the annual regulatory examinations
- Manages AML/OFAC projects
- Assists the Chief Compliance Officer in the carrying out of his/her duties
- Performs other compliance related duties as required
Experience & Skills Required
- BS or BA degree with at least 10 years in the field of regulatory compliance preferably in a U.S. branch of a foreign bank
- Certification as an Anti-money laundering specialist
- Project Management skills
- Ability to read, write and understand Mandarin a plus.
- Familiarity with U.S. Laws and Regulations
- Superior written and verbal skills in order to communicate with senior management and staff
- Able to provide training to staff
- Able to comprehend changes to laws and regulations including reporting impact of changes to senior management
- Must be computer literate especially using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to read, write and interact with Head Office. Mandarin Chinese preferred.