NYS Licensed Med Tech
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$26.00 - $35.00/hr.
We are seeking NYS Licensed Blood Bank Technicians/Technologists for immediate opportunities in the Washington Heights section of Manhattan to work with a team of healthcare professionals providing world-class care with a patient-inspired community touch. Our client is a growing hospital system with locations throughout the boroughs and very competitive compensation and benefits programs. This contract opportunity is likely to transition into full-time employment, candidates interested in evening, night and weekend shifts are highly desirable.
You will have an opportunity to work with nationally accredited colleagues and contribute to lifesaving results. You will perform a variety of automated and manual tests and related duties to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease, following established procedures. In state-of-the-art 24-hour facilities, you’ll find real opportunities to maximize your time and training.
IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WORKING 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Additional opportunities working nights, weekends, and Midnight – 8:00 am
- Perform qualitative and quantitative tests on biological specimens using manual and automated methods following established methods & SOP’s
- Perform quality assurance and quality control testing, performance evaluations, instrument function checks and calibrations as assigned.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for all tests. Enter and release required information in the Laboratory Information System, such as test results, comments, and quality control results.
- Will consult with laboratory supervisory staff prior to reporting grossly abnormal results and when out of control test run is encountered.
- Prepare reagents as needed, maintain quality control records, compile any required statistical data and maintain the cleanliness of work areas.
- Knowledge of ABO/Rh typing, Antibody screening, Antibody identification, DAT, IAT, RBC, Transfusion and Cell Therapy experience is highly desirable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Department Manager
Experience & Skills Required
- NYS Licensed Clinical Laboratory Technician/Technologist
- AS/BS in Medical Technology, or Science related field.
- At least one year of previous experience
- ASCP certification
- Microsoft Office Proficient (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) Computer literate, excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates with a limited license will be considered.