Cosmetics / Skin Care
- Job Level:
Compounder needed for an option to hire position in Edison, NJ for a global contract manufacturer. This position is in the cosmetics/skin care industry and will involve some physical aspects, such as lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Proper mixing of chemicals, the preparation of equipment and the processing of raw materials.
- Measure, weigh and mix chemical ingredients according to specifications.
- Estimate materials required for production and manufacturing of products.
- Read and understand Batch Records.
- Read and understand chemical labeling and warnings.
- Manufacture products according to specific batch records.
- Inspect product and report any quality issues to supervisor.
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean. Maintain good housekeeping in work areas.
- Must be proficient in cleaning and sterilization of compounding equipment and cleaning and sterilization of filling equipment.
- Follow all safety rules/regulations and report any workplace injuries or accidents to manager immediately.
- Perform all job functions at an acceptable level of production.
- Record production counts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Follow all SOP’s, GMP’s and all other applicable regulations.
- Perform duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- The physical activities required for this position are walking, climbing, standing, turning, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 75 lbs), carrying, handling chemicals and pulling.
- Must be able to read and operate scales.
- Must be able to multi-task.