- Job Level:
$120,000.00 - $140,000.00
HumanEdge is actively seeking a RIS/PACS Manager to fulfill an opening we have in Yonkers, NY. This position is a direct hire in the healthcare industry and is a very lucrative/rewarding role. As the RIS/PACS Manager, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of Epic product solutions and ensuring that the product meets the needs of the client.
Our client is a leader in the healthcare industry, offering an opportunity to gain comprehensive experience in your field while working in a big hospital environment. As an academic medical center, our client is recognized nationwide as being a compassionate and dedicated provider for all healthcare needs.
- Manage a team of (4+) professionals engaged in providing Epic-Radiant services.
- Managing the team including employee selection, performance management, delegation, mentoring and identify training needs.
- Continually motivate and reward the team and ensure professional development.
- Responsible for resource allocation within the group, managing assignments, and overseeing work for new implementations (new system roll-out or new functionality) and maintenance/support of products.
- Contribute to the development of scope documents for projects ranging in size and complexity; develop work estimates by gaining an understanding of the client’s business needs and objectives while knowing the capabilities and limitations of the application or system.
- Oversee the documentation of user requirements and workflow.
- Manage product requests, reviews requirements, and specifications, and works closely with technical teams and end-users to assure high quality.
- Determine how changes impact the overall system and that of interrelated systems.
- Evaluate requests for new systems, processes, enhancements, or other opportunities and suggest alternatives if necessary.
- Communicate regularly with others in the organization that may be affected or need to provide input for a successful integration.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of product solutions, ensuring that the end product meets the intended needs of the client. Work closely with other teams within the company in order to achieve this.
- Ensure that changes, modifications, and implementations do not affect product performance or other applications and systems.
- Oversee the design of workflow for new systems.
- Ensure systems are performing at satisfactory levels in order to maintain clients’ clinical and business processes.
- Participates in all system go-lives under his/her responsibility.
- Coordinates with Project Managers responsible for implementations as well as other Product Managers involved in multi-disciplinary efforts.
- Regularly speaks with clients to address and troubleshoot high-level issues.
- Works closely with the team to deliver high-quality customer support.
- Meet with clients regularly and establishes priorities by working with the Client Executive and end-users.
- Interface and work with other departments to identify and resolve issues regarding coordinated efforts to deliver client solutions.
- Allocate team resources to other departments as needed.
- Estimating level of effort for application development activities and writing proposals for work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing others including employee selection, performance management, delegation, motivation, and rewards.
- Demonstrated experience managing an implementation team of 3+ people in an IT healthcare setting.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership skills (mentoring, motivating, etc.).
- RIS experience; Epic-Radiant is preferred but not required.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Strong desktop skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- The Product Manager must attend Epic training and meet the requirements for certification.