- Job Level:
$70,000 - $93,000
Purchasing Manager needed for a direct hire position in Seymour, IN in the pharmaceuticals industry. As the Purchasing Manager for this global company, you will be responsible for managing both the direct and indirect material procurement teams for a multi-site organization.
Our client is a pharmaceutical organization specializing in the production of generic medication. As a member of this dedicated team, you will have the opportunity to further your career and gain experience working with a fantastic company.
- Responsible for managing both the direct and indirect material procurement teams for a multi-site organization.
- These activities will include material planning, supply risks & shortages, evaluating suppliers, and identifying projects and tracking savings.
- The candidate should also have knowledge and/or experience with supply agreements, negotiations, and standard purchasing metrics & objectives.
- Effectively manage and lead a small team of buyers/planners, advising on day-to-day activities and decisions, as well as identifying and driving the purchasing strategy.
- B.S. degree in related field (Business, Finance, Engineering) with an MBA preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Five or more years of related experience.
- Experience with SAP or other ERP software, specifically in the purchasing/planning modules
- Ability to work with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint software.