Assistant Brand Manager
Consumer Products Manufacturers
- Job Level:
$80,000.00 - $85,000.00
Assistant Brand Manager needed for a direct hire position in Wilton, CT in the consumer products industry. The Assistant Brand Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of their designated brand’s portfolio of products and associated marketing plans in order to achieve brand objectives. The individual will be the main marketing contact for assigned brand(s) and will interact with all departments of the company including product development, sales, finance, supply chain, regulatory and creative services. Candidates must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team and be able to quickly adapt to a dynamic market environment. The ideal candidate will have experience interfacing with both internal and external customers.
- Our client, an innovator in the pet food industry, prides themselves on producing the best product for mankind's best friends.
- Responsible for the execution of all aspects of company's marketing program activities for assigned brand(s) to achieve sales and marketing objectives, key aspects of this role may include (but are not limited to):
- Management of Brand Plans/Calendars/Budgets.
- Support all direct-to-consumer marketing efforts (TV/Print/Online).
- Provide guidance to media team regarding brand objectives in order to correctly allocate media spend and develop KPI’s.
- Develop annual brand plans, integrating above-the-line marketing efforts with our customers’ marketing and merchandising plans.
- Ensure advertising support programs and promotions are coordinated to achieve maximum impact.
- Ensure consistency in the use of Key Visual Elements and proper weighting and communication of features and benefits on all packaging designs for designated brand(s), maintaining brand messaging continuity.
- Work with in-house advertising team to ensure brand messaging continuity across all advertising mediums.
- Work with internet marketing team to ensure correct and compelling brand messaging on all brand and product website pages and throughout all digital communication.
- Provide communication to field teams regarding new products, existing products or new product initiatives.
- Ensure that proper brand messaging and Key Visual Elements are used for all sales support assets and brand collateral for demo force and field sales teams.
- Establish core competency in the analysis of data to create and report-on brand measures/metrics.
- Will be required to develop KPIs, and track/report on them as to uncovering trends, opportunities, and challenges.
- Conduct up-front analysis of competitive products (marketing, packaging, pricing, etc.) and sales data review that will guide the execution of specific brand marketing initiatives.
- Identify potential brand opportunity areas based on sales performance of competitive products.
- Conduct price-gap analysis and recommend consumer research to understand what is driving purchase behavior and purchase decisions by customer.
- Monitor pricing strategy in the marketplace; ensure implementation of brand pricing principles; working with Sales and Product Development, develop margin-accretive pricing on new and optimized product lines.
- Collaborate with Sales and Product Development to support brand growth through consumer-focused innovation, new product development, and efficient assortment recommendations.
- Work with Customer Marketing and Sales to implement merchandising plans and vehicles that translate above-the-line brand marketing to sales at retail.
- Based on sales data analysis and competitive monitoring, identify product portfolio additions and evolutions to best meet pet parent demand and drive share growth for respective brand(s).
Experience & Skills Required
- Proficient in MSOffice: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects and timelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to collaborate and work cross-functionally with various business units.
- Must be able to work in an environment with free-roaming companion pets.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar Marketing role within a Consumer Packaged Goods company preferred.
- Knowledge of Nielsen preferred.