New York, NY
- Job Level:
$130,000 - $150,000 plus Bonus
Our client is currently seeking a Sr Credit Review Officer to join their New York City team.
- The Senior Credit Review Officer will be responsible for conducting thorough credit analyses during examination of various business units in the Americas Division to assess credit quality and credit administration.
- The person should have the ability to produce credit analyses which summarize key credit and structural elements of various transactions. This requires the ability to quickly understand various transactions, evaluate credit risk and focus on key structural elements.
- The SCRO will evaluate the depth and accuracy of the units' credit analysis, adherence with the bank's policies and procedures and report such findings to management of Credit Review and senior management of the bank.
- The incumbent will head examinations and supervise the credit review process. As a head examiner, the individual will provide analytical guidance to other senior team members and perform certain portfolio management functions.
Formal credit training from a major money center bank. MBA or CFA degree is preferable.
Experience & Skills Required
- Experience in a major US, foreign or regional bank or credit rating agency. Strong background in financial statement analysis, accounting, deal structuring and good communication skills (written and verbal). Prior experience structuring transactions is preferred.
- Good knowledge of banking procedures and regulations. Strong understanding of credit fundamentals of diversified industries and business transactions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and solid working knowledge of commonly used computer applications such as: Word and Excel (spreadsheets, word processing, internet, etc.).