Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
We are currently looking for an Engineer to join our team in Shelton, CT. This Engineer will have the privilege of working with an innovative, forward-thinking corporation in the manufacturing industry. The Engineer will be responsible for complete ownership of tool engineering activities relating to new product development and some ongoing manufacturing support. Duties also include activities focusing on the company and departmental objectives in respect to increasing revenue, cost reduction, and improved quality.
Our client has spent years perfecting their product to offer to the average consumer. They put quality over quantity and are a great team to work for. As a member of their organization, you will be able to further your career with a team that cares.
- Design thermoform tooling for new products concepts using company tool standards and good engineering practices.
- Develop, maintain and continuously update tool design and fabrication standards to meet company’s objectives.
- Manage all aspect of tooling projects to ensure timely delivery of tools that meet quality standards as well as keeping the tool cost within budget.
- Design and prototype thermoforming products to meet customers’ needs.
- Interact closely with engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance personnel to identify issues and the appropriate solutions.
- Work with product and tooling engineers to recommend long-term improvements to new products and tool designs.
- Work with internal and external tool manufacturers to drive quality, cost reduction and lead time reduction.
- Work with manufacturing to establish tooling standards, process conditions and maintenance programs for current and future tooling.
- Act as the point of contact for tooling issues that require engineering assistance.
- Work with Quality to develop QA gauges for new products and existing products as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering. Alternatively, the candidate must have 5 years (or more) of thermoform tool design experience.
Experience & Skills Required
- Skilled in 3D solid modeling software, Solidworks experience is a plus.
- Specific knowledge of product and tool design for thermoforming is required.
- Knowledge of injection molding tooling/process is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving skills with good mechanical aptitude.
- Tool making or machine shop experience is preferred.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment involving plastic processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
- Requires five years or more relevant engineering, machine shop or manufacturing experience in consumer products within a plastic thermoforming environment.
- Tool making or machine shop experience is preferred