We are currently looking for someone in the Newark, NJ area to fulfill a temporary opening we have in Shipping and Receiving. To qualify for this position, you will need your forklift certification.
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Picks and prepares orders for customer delivery in accordance with established procedures and/or work instructions.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Completes all of the necessary logs, checklists, and reports associated with the incoming and outbound shipment.
- Provides the manual labor necessary for loading and unloading material into and out of trucks and containers..
- Repacks and relabels products as required to fill customer orders. Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Operates tier lift truck or uses handtruck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.