New York, NY
- Job Level:
$17.00 - $18.00/hr.
We are seeking an experienced Fine Fragrance Compounder with hands-on bench-scale compounding experience. This position will be responsible for accurately preparing perfumery formulae as directed by Perfumers and Compounding Lab Managers. This role requires a high attention to detail in the preparation of complex fine fragrance formulae.
Our client is a global fine fragrance design and manufacturer supplying raw materials and fine fragrances to Consumer Products and Personal Care industries.
- Reviews assigned formulas for compounding bench scale fine fragrance and ancillary personal care products.
- Retrieves ingredients as indicated on the formula, ensuring only QC approved ingredients are used.
- Accurately measures ingredients using scales. Records substitutions, over-pours, etc., ensuring supervisor approval is obtained.
- Notifies supervisor of missing raw materials needed to complete batch.
- Packages approved batches and labels all finished product containers.
- Stocks supplies and labels containers of raw materials when needed.
- Completes end-of-day procedures including filling powders, repacking, housekeeping and controlling and documenting waste.
- Maintains clean and safe work area, and adheres to safety regulations and procedures, understanding the hazards of handling the various chemicals.
Experience & Skills Required
- Small scale compounding experience, preparations of liquid standards with a strong preference for experience compounding fine fragrance formulae.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities.
- Knowledge of compounding and an understanding of special formula instructions.
- Ability to understand the importance of chemical handling safety, and adhere to safety regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- Pre-hire background check and drug screen required.