- Job Level:
$16.00 - $18.00/hr.
We are currently looking for someone to fulfill an opening we have in Bethel, CT for a temporary Accounts Payable assignment. As an essential member of the Finance team, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for processing payments for company's patient assistance programs and providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Review requests for payment, bookkeeping sheets and backup documentation for accuracy.
- Set up new vendors and patients as needed into MIP accounting system.
- Enter invoices into MIP using appropriate grant, project, general ledger, vendor and patient information.
- Run reports to check for accuracy and submit for posting.
- Print approved checks, enter payments into the patient assistance database and mail checks.
- Answer calls from vendors, research issues, process check returns, request for information and refund request letters as needed.
- Update weekly and monthly program reports to reflect expenses and refunds processed.
- Assist with month-end close procedures including AMEX processing and running postage reports.
- Cover front desk phones and reception for lunch breaks and vacation.
- Perform other duties and functions as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- High School Diploma and 2-5 years of accounts payable and general ledger knowledge required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using Sage Fund Accounting or MIP preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities and superior attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications ability.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a high volume workflow.