Weekend Word Processor
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$35.00 - $40.00/hr.
Our client, a top 100 Law firm, has a permanent role available for a weekend Legal Word Processor, who works at an advanced level to efficiently produce documents using various software.
The schedule is Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 a.m to 7:30 p.m.
- The Document Processing Specialist creates and revises complex legal documents, adhering to formatting guidelines and departmental best practices.
- Performs well under pressure and coordinating several activities at one time while being mindful of strict deadlines.
- Troubleshoots problematic documents successfully.
- Proofreads work for accuracy.
- Communicates with lawyers and supervisors regarding job problems, instructions or deadlines.
- Provides at-desk support to lawyers or off-site client support as requested.
- Answers technical questions on software when required.
- Efficiently uses all equipment (e.g., transcription, scanner).
- Attending mandatory training as required.
- Learning and effectively implementing new software as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required; College degree preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of document production experience
- Typing speed 65+
- Proficient in use of all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio as well as DocX Tools, Workshare Compare, Adobe Acrobat and OmniPage
- Excellent graphic skills, including use of Adobe Photoshop, is a plus
- Excellent proofreading, communication, grammar and organizational skills
- Highly attentive to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Availability to work overtime as needed