New York, NY
- Job Level:
$28.00 - $32.00/hr.
Proofreader needed for a part-time position in New York City in the legal services industry. As the Proofreader for a very important law firm, you will be responsible for reviewing and proofreading both legal and non-legal documents, including EDGAR documents.
The shifts for this position are:
Saturday and Sunday, 5 pm to 12 am.
Saturday through Tuesday, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Close reading of documents according to style guide, spelling, usage, consistency, punctuation, typographical and grammatical errors.
- Using standard proofreading marks to note suggested edits.
- Performing manual blacklines.
- Checking revised documents against markups to ensure that requested revisions were input accurately.
- Communicating with attorneys regarding specific requests and deadlines.
- Entering job status information in an online database.
- Scanning proofreader markups to PDF.
- Keeping the supervisor informed of the status of work requests.
- Answering grammar questions.
- Performing other assignments as needed.
Experience & Skills Required
- At least two years experience as a legal or financial proofreader or equivalent experience.
- High comfort level with text-based documents and legal terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of spelling and grammar.
- Knowledge of best proofreading practices.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word.
- Ability to work well under pressure both individually and as a member of a team.
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
- All candidates must be willing to become a Notary Public within one year of being hired.