New York, NY
- Job Level:
$90,000.00 - $95,000.00
Accounting Senior needed for a direct hire position in New York City in the Accounting industry. As the Accounting Senior for a very well known, fast-paced company, you will be a vital part of the team in accomplishing each day's goals.
Our client is a leading provider in the skincare world. Their signature products are recognizable by nearly everyone and since they first came on the scene, they've become a go-to for effective lip care. As a part of their team, you will gain experience in a large organization that will make you stand out for any future positions in your career
- Maintain, analyze and reconcile various general ledger and balance sheet accounts
- Perform monthly closing activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and reports.
- Develop Consolidation and reporting.
- Participate in various accounting functions to include; fixed assets, preparing reserves, accruals & prepaid.
- Participate in intercompany transactions, ensuring proper recording, reconciliation, and settlement of balances.
- Support and assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes.
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed according to GAAP principles.
- Review/design/streamline and implement processes & internal controls.
- Document processes and business workflows.
- Work with independent auditors to provide support for audited financial statements including international statutory audit and filing, and tax audits.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the team when requested.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3+ years of experience in accounting.
- Working understanding of GAAP.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- CPG industry experience a plus.
- Familiarity with SAP.
- CPA or working towards completing a CPA.
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions.
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly and precisely on technical and operational issues.
- Must be detailed and results-oriented with an ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly while keeping others apprised of status with respect to deadlines.
- Excellent written and formal presentation skills.