Accounts Payable Specialist
Boca Raton, FL
- Job Level:
$35,000 - $40,000
Our client is currently seeking a talented Accounts Payable Specialist to join their expanding Finance team. This is a great opportunity to work with an industry leader in the Aerospace marketplace that provides a can-do culture and wonderful work/life balance.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the payment of goods and services purchased by the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed for the purchasing and payment of goods and services.
- Process mulitple check runs a week and post for approval
- Process monthly expense reports.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements.
- Match invoices to receiving documents.
- Research and correct coding discrepancies.
- Prepare and review AP aging routinely and follow up on outstanding invoices.
- Review outstanding check register routinely and follow up on outstanding checks.
- Maintain Accounts Payable records including filing paid invoices, vendor statements, etc.
- Reconcile vendor statements and invoices.
- Assist in monthly closing.
- Accounting degree or working towards degree preferred
Experience & Skills Required
- 2+ years of Accounting experience or have demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above-mentioned tasks
- Excellent time management skills, and ownership of the process
- Attention to detail, and can do Attitude
- Ability to handle confidential information and records.
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good judgment, discretion, and ability to make independent decisions.
- Proficiency in related PC software (Office, Excel, etc.). SAP a plus
- Ability and desire to learn and grow with the company.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Life & AD&D Insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off, 401(k) with Match