White Plains, NY
Financial Services Legal / Government Software
- Job Level:
$55,000 - $60,000
Collections Clerk needed for a direct hire position in White Plains, NY in the financial services industry. With minimal supervision, the position of the Collections Clerk will provide clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of accounts. This position is responsible for follow up with attorneys and clients regarding aging invoices and interacts primarily with firm clients, attorneys, staff, and the firm’s Accounting Department.
- Contact clients regarding past due Accounts Receivable.
- Performs account reconciliations.
- Manages client negotiations in payment of invoices.
- Handles client bankruptcy filings.
- Forward invoices, payment histories, and other reports as requested by clients.
- Document activity by updating collections database with details of attorney and client communications.
- Works with the firm’s Billing Department to ensure bills are rendered according to client requirements.
- Follows up on aging reports with attorneys.
- Monitors and respond to accounts receivable hotline and e-mail box for incoming requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree Preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in a professional services firm required.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be a keen listener with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong customer service skills and sound business judgment.