Material Lab Technician
New Haven, CT
Semiconductor Equipment / Materials
- Job Level:
$18.00 - $30.00/hr.
Material Lab Technician needed for an option to hire position in New Haven CT. As the Material Lab Technician, you will be responsible for materials analyses and support of research and development of electroplating process deposits for semiconductor applications and their related properties.
- Development of data packages containing relevant materials properties in support of worldwide R&D efforts.
- Daily activities will include performing FIB/SEM, XRD, Spectroscopy, XPS, and vacuum technology on plated substrates.
- Possess good skill with materials characterization and testing techniques.
- Good understanding in the structure-property relationship for various materials and surface/interface phenomena.
- Familiar with analytical and general chemistry concepts.
- Documents findings and reports project progress and test results to the team.
- Deals with roadblocks and obstacles in a professional, timely, and self-guided manner.
- Minimum Associate Degree or a Bachelor of Science degree (BS) from two/four-year college or university.
- Degree in Material Science or Chemistry.
Experience & Skills Required
- A command for Microsoft Office Suite is a must.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Possesses well-developed communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Follow established safety & Environmental procedures
- High ethical standards and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Postsecondary training in FIB/SEM and surface metrology equipment is a plus.