Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
Software Engineer needed for an opening in Danbury, CT. The primary objective of this position is to build C and VB .NET programs for developing software applications. The Software Developer will also be responsible for coordinating and integrating with the design team working on different layers of the product. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. The applicant should be a detail-oriented talented programmer with an analytical mindset to create secure and functional code and have a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
- Develop user interface software with .net object-oriented programming using C and VB.
- Develop software consistent with the development process and contemporary software techniques.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions.
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Test code, troubleshoot, debug, upgrade software systems, deploy programs and evaluate user feedback.
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient.
- Coordinate with hardware engineers to resolve hardware/software compatibility and interface considerations.
- Interface with other departments to participate in specification, design, code, and test reviews.
- Provide technical documentation of software products and systems.
- Provide timely production support and problem resolution.
- Interface with users to define system requirements and/or modifications.
- Develop and track objectives, schedules and participate in project planning/management meetings.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Software or Computer Engineering from an accredited university is required.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong knowledge and experience of .NET framework.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming using C and VB and software engineering tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with proven ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Experience with database framework and familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Proficient understanding of Communications protocol for both hardware and virtual communications hardware.
- Skill for writing reusable libraries with a knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code.