New York, NY
- Job Level:
$18.00 - $20.00/hr.
We are currently looking for someone to fill an opening we have as a Receptionist in New York City. This is a temp to perm role for a legal services company that has had many years performing outstanding service to their clients.
2 shifts available: Monday through Friday: 7am-3pm or 5pm-12am
- Greeting, announcing, and escorting arriving clients to their destination within the Firm.
- Answering telephones using a web-based attendant console server, effectively dispatching incoming calls to individuals within the Firm, taking messages following Firm greeting standards.
- Creating and generating domestic and international transportation reservations with various car companies and their affiliates.
- Communicating air travel requests to the Firm’s travel agency.
- Assisting senior management with conference calls using the Firm’s conferencing service provider for international and domestic calls.
- Assisting the Firm’s Events And Conference Services department by booking conference rooms and ordering catering for in-house meetings.
- Assisting with special projects and events.
- Performing various clerical duties such as dispatching facility requests, distributing faxes and checking desk supply inventory.
- Keeping abreast of all department communications regarding emergency procedures, call handling instructions and car preferences for senior management.
- Developing and fostering relationships among all service areas of the Firm.
- Attending all quarterly meetings, trainings, and refresher sessions.
- Ensuring an organized and welcoming reception area.
- Providing courteous and professional service to guests upon arrival.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- 3-5+ years of experience working within a corporate reception or guest services environment.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic telephone equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proper command of the English language.
- Ability to answer a high volume of telephone calls on multiple lines.
- Ability to obtain and administer accurate information, such as names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
- Service-oriented thinker who works well in a team setting.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional composure in all circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Maintains a professional and polished appearance with a warm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Flexible with changing environments.
- Willingness to learn and demonstrates a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for visitors and clients.
- Adheres to all Firm and Reception operating procedures and policies.