We are seeking an experienced Sales Representative/Account Manager to manage the Asian market reporting to a US-based Sales Director. This sales/business development opportunity will manage relationships and develop business with Asian distributors and customers. The Sales Representative is expected to be in Asia a minimum of 3 months/year.
- Responsible for managing distributor and customer relationships in Asian marketplace.
- Meet and sell to multinational purchasing, R&D, and creative professionals within the F&F space.
- Prepare action plans, conduct demonstrations, and forecast sales numbers.
- Identify sales prospects and develop assigned account relationships, follow up on new leads and referrals.
- Maintain active relationships with Technical and Trade Associations relevant to the Company’s business.
- Attend national industry events and suppliers forums.
- Maintain current industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Develop sales materials, exhibits, and promotion programs.
- Prepares for and attends industry exhibits, conferences, technical meetings, and other promotional opportunities.
- Utilize resources of technical experts in sales efforts and partner as appropriate to develop and deliver technical presentations.
- Identifies and resolves client concerns, including quality issues and billing issues.
- Coordinate efforts with administrative and operational departments to resolve issues.
- Coordinates delivery schedules with shipping department schedules for product and sample deliveries.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and competitor products, developments, strengths and weaknesses.
- Gather intelligence relating to new markets, client and competitor activities, and new applications.
- Continuously survey market area and assess opportunities for the Company’s product range.
- Utilize industry data with Sales Director to formulate strategies to increase market share and profitability.
- Report sales results and account progress at established intervals to the Sales Director.
- Complete reports of sales status, activity, follow-up, and progress on goals with attention to special developments and feedback gathered through sales activity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to develop rapport and influence others.
- Attention to a high level of customer service at all times.