Our client is currently seeking a qualified Nurse Practitioner to join their team. Their medical centers provide services such as primary care, walk-in urgent care, lab, diagnostic, and health care education and resources for their patients.
- Expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of the company and work collaboratively to achieve them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
- Obtain health history and perform physical examinations
- Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment
- Prescribe medication in accordance with State statute and professional practice guidelines
- Maintains a problem oriented health record for each patient seen in accordance with the Center’s established Health Information Management policies and procedures
- Assures continuity of care by providing comprehensive medical services on a timely basis as per Clinic schedule within the Center’s scope of practice and the provider’s training
- Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs
- Perform minor surgical procedures
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at Medical Center
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG), sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner
- Follows established departmental and medical center policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvements objectives and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed i.e. diabetes collaborative/health fairs etc.; attends and participates in medical center meetings / departmental meetings and other medical center functions as required by the Center
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested
- Assist in outside medical public relations functions