Manufacturing Warehousing / Industrial Software
- Job Level:
$78,000.00 - $85,000.00
Engineer needed for a direct hire position in Thomaston, CT in the manufacturing industry. As the Engineer, your responsibility is to provide technical support and product design for the development of AC & DC rotating equipment ensuring the company's leadership position in the market.
- Product design and performance.
- Structural analysis of existing and new parts for shock, stress, vibration limits and natural frequencies.
- Rotor dynamics analysis of rotating components to determine critical speeds and deflection of rotating assemblies.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics for the understanding of thermal loading of parts, including conductive and convective heat transfer.
- Design and Drafting requirements to provide 2D detail for purchase and manufacturing of components and assemblies.
- Execute performance testing protocols and help evaluate results along with field feedback to affect product improvements as necessary to achieve optimum performance, customer satisfaction, and cost objectives.
- Be an integral team member in the development of new products and modify existing products to meet customer requirements.
- Support product quoting activities.
- Determine applicability of existing products, develop cost-effective modifications to similar designs, and develop new products to support growth.
- Develop bills of materials and product costing using various design and product data management tools (Solid Works, EPDM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (Visual) systems.
- Assure accurate transfer of engineering data into the ERP system.
- Assist or lead teams in problem identification, correction, and verification.
- Participate in Kaizen events to improve value stream
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSME with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of product design.
Experience & Skills Required
- Spends approximately 70% of time working at a desk in a normal office environment.
- Spends about 30% of time working away from desk, including going out into shop and discussing manufacturing issues with Manufacturing Department personnel.
- Must wear eye protection and any other required personal protective equipment while on the shop floor.
- May be required to assist in production and testing of new products or product improvements.