- The Principal Systems Engineer is responsible for providing a wide range of support needs for the organization. This relates to all technologies such as servers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- The Principal Systems Engineer is tasked with troubleshooting problems with existing infrastructure and with deploying new elements of network infrastructure.
- Candidate should have working experience with Microsoft server, Citrix, backup systems, server virtualization platforms (VMWare), firewalls and switches.
- The engineer will be responsible for providing technical expertise as needed, and must have experience with LAN/WAN maintenance, management, troubleshooting, and design.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment demanding many technical proficiencies and continuous development and training.
- Must be prepared to operate as a resource and mentor for the entire team.
Experience & Skills Required
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems. 5+ years technical experience.
- Extensive knowledge of networking technologies including: TCIP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, VPN, NAT, and various WAN technologies.
- An excellent understanding of complex Citrix environments; The concepts and logic of planning, implementing and managing Citrix farms. 5+ years of experience engineering and managing Citrix XenApp/NetScaler environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Citrix Web Interface, Profile Management, Provisioning Server, and Services.
- An excellent understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and its relation to group policy and group administration and management for Citrix environments.
- Experience installing, configuring and managing firewalls, switches and Wi-Fi devices.
- Interpersonal skills such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Multiple Professional IT Certifications such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA or VMware VCP