Accounts Payable Analyst
New York, NY
- Job Level:
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk who will be responsible for performing the day to day processing and monitoring of accounts payable transactions and bookkeeping duties to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date, and accurate manner according to the company’s established policies and procedures.
- Verify that transactions comply with company’s policies and procedures, e.g. match invoices with approved PO, ensure invoices are approved per the authorization matrix, etc.
- Code the invoices with the proper general ledger.
- Prepare and enter batches of invoices in the accounting system.
- Perform proper reconciliations of vendor statements, fuel cards, company credit card, etc. and research discrepancies where necessary.
- Prepare supplier credit forms for approval and Maintain updated vendor files.
- Maintain a filing system for all AP related financial documents.
- Liaise with suppliers and internal customers regarding invoices, payments, and queries.
- Assist in month end closing. Including but not limited to:
- Provide all monthly cost accruals to be captured and raised, variance between accrual estimates and actual should be within 5%.
- Prepare cost analysis, e.g. prepare trend analysis for all cost categories with variances over 5%.
- Maintain the petty cash fund.
Experience & Skills Required
- Be honest, trustworthy and be respectful.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Take responsibility.
- Ability to work extended hours to accomplish assigned job duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs, follow through, and close issues with minimum direction.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Ability to identify any irregularities and report to appropriate reporting line.