- Job Level:
$14.00 - $16.00/hr
Logistics Representative needed for an option to hire position in Jacksonville, FL in the distribution industry. The Logistics Representative is responsible for accurately coordinating the safe, efficient, and cost-effective transportation of goods on behalf of assigned customer accounts or routes for imports and exports.
Managing the assigned customer accounts or routes as per their SOP, including but not limited to:
- Provide Customer Service Support.
- Coordinate pickups and/ or deliveries.
- Verify accuracy of WH receipts of received freight.
- Collect all applicable documentation for the import or export, including commercial invoices and packing lists.
- Arrange booking in the required mode of transportation.
- Prepare documentation, air waybills, bill of lading, IMO/DGD.
- AES filing for US Exports.
- Provide ISF information to Customs Broker for Ocean imports.
- Provide pre-alerts or arrival notices to destination agent and/ or customer.
- Enter costs and generate invoices.
- Prepare and provide reports to Management or Customers as required, example: On Hand Reports, Traffic Report, and Loading Reports.
- Maintain communication and control in all phases of the shipment.
- Support and backup of additional accounts.
- Maintain and file all shipment records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills Required
- Minimum 2 years of Logistics Experience.
- Consistent attendance.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Computer skilled.
- Knowledgeable in Excel Spreadsheets, Word documents, PDF files.