Wholesale Logistics Coordinator
Consumer Products Manufacturers
- Job Level:
We are currently seeking an Order Release / Wholesale Logistics Coordinator who will handle releases or orders to the warehouse and retail sales support functions within the business. This is an operational role, requiring knowledge of inventory, customer order logistics, and order processing systems, and will be working closely with the sales, inventory control, and warehouse teams. Must become well versed in the company’s products and policies to resolve issues in a pleasant and professional manner. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- Review customer EDI orders for integrity and alignment with product inventory, convert EDI orders into the ERP system
- Review orders and make recommendations for warehouse to process pack breaks, warehouse transfers, display builds and reorders as appropriate, as orders arrive throughout the day.
- Become conversant in priority customer logistic requirements, including routing days and chargeback benchmarks.
- Maintain a record of actions recommended for daily orders to be released to warehouses and issues with order and inventory requirements.
- Work to resolve issues with orders and facilitate communication between the sales team, sales reps, and warehouse.
- Provide backup support for Retail Support coordinator – entering manual order and providing support on order tracking.
- Adjust orders as required (split orders, change dates, warehouses, cancellations and other actions.)
- Perform warehouse order release function.
Experience & Skills Required
- Must be detailed oriented and have a strong understanding of shipping and billing processes.
- Process driven
- Excellent communicator
- Comfortable managing in a highly time-sensitive environment
- Strong Excel skills (including Pivot Tables) and strong computer skills
- Strong problem solver Willing decision maker Self-confident enough to work independently
- Work well with others – Key stakeholders: Retail Support, Sales Management, Sales Support, Inventory Management, Warehouse, and Credit Team