Long Term Contract
New York, NY
- Job Level:
$80.00 - $95.00/hr.
Applications Engineer needed for a long-term contract role in New York City in the Financial Services industry. As the Applications Engineer, you will be working within a team that heavily focuses on Linux, programming (Python), and networking. Ideally, the candidate will be extremely proficient in all three areas.
- Responsible for the design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of applications to satisfy the requirements of one or more user areas.
- May include hands-on new development as well as support, maintenance or enhancement of existing applications.
- Works closely with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and makes recommendations.
- Computer Science degree strongly preferred.
Experience & Skills Required
- Strong OOP skills required.
- Very technical environment.
- Fluent in Open Source, have projects on Github (https://github.com), and more importantly, have the experience writing (not merely using) python libraries.
- People who may have their projects on https://pypi.python.org/pypi
- 3-5 years experience.