- Job Level:
Growing pharmaceutical manufacturer with great benefits and opportunity for advancement is currently seeking a Line Mechanic-II. The Line Mechanic-II is an advanced level position and will be responsible for repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, production and packaging machines, and equipment. Assists management in achieving company objectives. This person is expected to adhere to all SOPs, cGMPs, plant quality, safety, and documentation systems requirements.
- Working knowledge of serialization equipment.
- Disassemble and reassemble change parts of machinery associated with the packaging of pharmaceutical products.
- Perform preventative maintenance on machinery according to SOPs.
- Ensure that all preventative maintenance work is completed prior to deadlines.
- Accurately perform and document any validation work specific to a packaging, manufacturing and filling mechanic.
- Ensure that maintenance work is documented properly.
- Set-up packaging and filling lines in a timely manner according to scheduling needs.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Observe operation of packaging machines to detect and diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to their performance.
- Sets up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines to minimize downtime.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Assist in updating, reviewing and creating SOPs.
- Be able to follow GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Assist the packaging department when necessary.
- Some paint and building work.
- Communicate with other departments to complete the daily production schedule.
- Perform other maintenance tasks as needed.
- Follow all work orders.
- Work overtime and shift work as business needs require
- Willing to work with ladders at various heights.
- Must adhere to all uniform requirements in assigned area.
- Must comply with all company policies, safety regulations, OSHA, DEA and FDA regulations.
- Must be able to adapt to changing tasks and schedules
- Perform other duties as assigned in a timely fashion
- High School Diploma / GED
Experience & Skills Required
- Must have at least 5 years of Packaging experience
- Must have the ability to read and understand electrical and pneumatic drawings
- Must pass a company paid background review to handle controlled substances.
- Must have the ability to follow clear and concise directions.
- Must have strong verbal and written command of the English Language.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must have experience with Windows.
- Must be able to demonstrate a beginner proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- PLC and Computer Ladder knowledge preferred.